Medical Oncologist and Palliative Care Physician
Sharon is a cancer specialist who aims to provide compassionate personalised cancer care to all patients with a focus on the most up-to-date treatments. She has a broad range of experience in solid cancers with special clinical interest in lung cancer, gastro-intestinal cancer, and especially women-specific cancers like breast cancer and gynaecological cancer.
Sharon takes the time to understand her patients’ needs. She empowers patients and their caregivers through education and support throughout their care. She integrates her patients’ general wellbeing into all aspects of their treatment by focusing on their emotional and mental wellbeing, fitness and nutrition.
Striving to achieve the best possible outcome for each patient, she works closely with other members of the medical community, ensuring her patients receive comprehensive care and treatment through all stages of their cancer journey.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) in Medical Oncology, 2017
- Fellow of the Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine (FAChPM), 2018
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Universiti Putra Malaysia, 2007
Clinical trials and Research
Sharon actively participates in clinical trials, has presented research at both national and international conferences and has had research published in internationally recognized medical journals.
Sharon undertook physician and advanced training in medical oncology and palliative care in major hospitals throughout South East Queensland including the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Gold Coast University Hospital and Mater Hospital Brisbane. Upon completion of her advanced training, she started consulting in Gold Coast University Hospital before founding Moreton Bay Cancer Care.
- Chairperson for the Brisbane Palliative Care Interest Group (PCIG) meetings
- Redcliffe and District Local Medical Association (RDMA)
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Australasian Lung Cancer Trials Group (ALTG)
- Australasian Gastro-intestinal Trials Group (AGITG)
- Breast Cancer Trials Group (BCT)
- Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group (ANZGOG)
Sharon is taking new referrals at Montserrat North Lakes Day Hospital and Health Hub Doctors Morayfield. She is also offering telehealth and phone consultations to all eligible patients.
Call (07) 3859 0690 for appointments.