For all people affected by cancer:
- Cancer Council Queensland For information on cancer, counselling support, transport services, ESA Wig and Turban service and community workshops
- EviQ For information on anticancer drug treatments, radiotherapy and patient education videos
- Look Good Feel Better A website dedicated to teaching cancer patients how to manage the appearance-related side-effects caused by cancer treatment. Community workshops available
- Cancer Australia For information and statistics on all cancers
- Cancer.Net A doctor-approved patient information website for all cancers from American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Cancer Voices Australia A cancer consumer movement led by volunteers affected by cancer who work together on national issues for Australians affected by cancer
- World Cancer Research Fund International An organization that funds research on cancer prevention. Good for information about cancer prevention research related to diet, weight and physical activity
- Society for Integrative Oncology For information on evidence-based integrative cancer care
For people with breast cancer:
- Breast Cancer Network Australia Information and support for patients with early and advanced breast cancer
- BCNA’s Online Network An online network/ support group for people at different stages of their breast cancer journey. Read posts, write your own, ask a question or support others.
- McGrath Foundation An organization who supports patients and their families experiencing breast cancer. Community nursing support available.
- National Breast Cancer Foundation A national organization that funds breast cancer research through money raised by the Australian public. There is also breast cancer information and a breast cancer research blog
- Advanced Breast Cancer Group A Queensland-wide service specifically to support women with secondary breast cancer, and their families. It is a Queensland Health-funded group led by professional psychotherapists. Services include weekly support group meet ups, teleconferences and workshops.
- Dragons Abreast Australia A group of breast cancer survivors who promote breast cancer awareness and fitness through dragon boating. The nearest group in Moreton Bay is in Bribie Island
For people with lung cancer:
- Lung Foundation Australia Information for people with lung-related diseases including lung cancer
For people with gastro-intestinal and hepatobiliary cancers:
- Bowel Cancer Australia Information and support for people with bowel cancer
- Pancreatica An international organization devoted to promoting education and awareness about pancreatic cancer. Good for information about pancreatic cancer and latest pancreatic cancer research.
For women with gynaecological cancers:
- Gynaecological Awareness Information Network Inc (GAIN) Information and support for those affected by gynaecological cancer
- Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation An organization that raises awareness and educates communities in Australia and overseas on cervical cancer .
- Ovarian Cancer Australia Information and support for women with ovarian cancer, including a free resilience kit.
For men with prostate cancer:
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia Information and support for men with prostate cancer
For people affected by other cancers:
- Pseudomyxoma Survivor An international support network for those affected by pseudomyxoma peritonei, appendix cancer and peritoneal surface cancer
- Merkelcell.org For information about merkel cell cancer
For young people affected by cancer:
- CanTeen Support and information for young people living with cancer
- Redkite Support for children and young people living with cancer
Phone apps that have been found useful to support people living with cancer:
- CancerAid Free smartphone cancer management and support app
- GenieCanHelp Free smartphone cancer management and support app
- Becca A breast cancer support app for breast cancer survivors
- Cancer.Net Mobile An app that lets patients plan and manage their cancer care
For the local Moreton Bay cancer community:
- Moreton Region Breast Cancer Support Group A local Moreton Bay cancer support group for men and women who have had breast cancer
- Moreton Bay Regional Prostate Cancer Support Group A local Moreton Bay prostate cancer support group for men who have had prostate cancer
- Dragons Abreast Australia Bribie Island A group of breast cancer survivors who meet up to support each other and encourage fitness through dragon boating